I really, REALLY wish I had a picture or two to go with this story. You'll just have to use your wildest imagination possible for this one.
Yesterday we were at Kenny's softball game like we are every Wednesday night. Our good friends, Trevor and Ginny come as well... Trevor plays on the same team as Kenny. Anyhow, the guys were out playing hard and my boys were with Ginny, myself and Ginny's kids.
Ethan got a little curious like he typically does. He saw Trevor's baseball bag full of goodies and just HAD to take a peek. He pulled out a yellow and white thing. He asked our friend Jason what it was. Jason said, "Oh, that's a face mask". So, Ethan put it right up to his face wondering why he couldn't see out of it.
Being the neglectful mother that I can be when chatting with a friend, I didn't notice this transaction taking place. But after a minute I saw Ethan. "Take that off your face!!!" I yelled. "That's a jock strap! And it's been in Trevor's crotch!"
Then I heard Jason laughing hysterically. "But Jason told me it was a face mask", Ethan replied. Ewwww! Once I explained what it was to Ethan and Brayden, they figured they would take the cup out for a test drive.
They each took turns (many turns) shoving the cup down their shorts and hitting each other right in the nuts with various object including their hands, baseballs, baseball bats, rocks ,etc. They would thrust their hips forward each time someone came at them with a hard object and would respond with an "ooooh, yahhhhh" every
time they got hit without it hurting.
Ginny and I sat in utter amazement and confusion. What is the obsession that men have with their groin area anyway? Why trust the cup? Why trust your brother with a hard object aimed directly at your jewels? Why try on some other guy's sweaty cup in the first place? So many questions, so little time.
It was truly hilarious and it made me so happy to have boys because even though they are a tad gross at times, they sure are entertaining!
4 comments:
Love it! I can actually imagine what that would have looked like; I just saw a video of 2 boys doing the same thing on America's Funniest Home Videos. I just wonder who is the daring first one to say "whack me as hard as you can in my crotch."
Char, I love these memories we are making together. Your kids are so funny & we are so glad that we can be part of their lives!!
All I can say is HAHAHAHAHAHA...too funny! Oh the Joys of having Boys!
Char:
Boys sure are fun!
My oldest keeps telling everyone he has testicles....
Post a Comment