Monday, July 11, 2011

Back from Sabbatical!

First things first... I AM SORRY! I noticed the date of my last posting and realize that it was 2 years ago! Oops, my bad. My, my, how time flies!

Second, I had no clue my blog was providing weekly or monthly entertainment for so many of you. Honestly, I started this blog to keep my far away family and friends up to date on our lives. I had no clue that my random ramblings and rants were being read and enjoyed by so many of you!

Since I took a blogging sabbatical I have had frequent (and very polite) requests to blog again. Oh the pressure! I don't know if I can perform up to your standards! Just kidding! Those of you who know me, know that I don't live (or blog) for others' approval. BUT... if my blogging happens to bring a smile or a new thought, then I feel truly inspired!

Third, I actually have a partially good excuse for not blogging. I have been re-inventing myself a bit. The re-inventing process was a little messy and chaotic at times so blogging fell to the wayside. It's sad, but true.

Although I know the process of finding a new me is not yet complete (nor should it ever be or else life would be so stinkin boring), the part of the process that felt like an unorganized disaster is now over. The rest of the process will be wonderfully documented on this pretty orange page!

Now for a quick summary:

- I started a cleaning business in 2008. Don't know if I mentioned that before. It took off quickly and has been awesome
- Cleaning is really hard work. My hips and back have been yelling at me for the past 2 years. I realized that if I kept on cleaning, I would be in a wheelchair by the age of 50
- I had to find a way to make a bit of extra money, do something that I am good at, and still fulfill my calling... which is, of course, to devote myself to raising amazing kids.
- I am good at administration. I need to be available for my kids when they are not at school. How do I mesh these two things together?
- Solution: work an office job in a place where the hours are either flexible or the same as the school... ah yes, work in a school office!
- Oh wait... to work in a school office I am required to have a college certificate in office administration. WHAT? Ok, glitch in the plan
- Off to school I go! Online college courses, that is. I started taking courses in October of 2010. I finished in June 2011. Don't ask me how I ran my business, ran my household, and finished this program all at the same time. It's a blur and I there are blank spots in my brain because of it!
- Here I sit. Waiting for my certificate in the mail so I can apply for jobs.

I am so curious to see what my future looks like now that I can think straight enough to think about my future! Where will I be working in a year from now? Where will I be living (that is a story for another post)? What new adventures lie ahead?

We should all ask ourselves that question from time to time. Life gets so boring without a little change, a risk or two, or a challenge. My life tends to have an overload of these things! I have a love/hate relationship with this fact. But mostly, I love it. Change makes me better. It keeps me from getting stuck in a rut. It challenges my character. It makes me stronger.

We all need different amounts of risk and change in our lives. But we all need some of it. I happen to have a lot. How much do you have?

Is it time for you to challenge yourself, to risk a little, or make a change? Go for it!

1 comment:

The Meier's said...

Yeah for a new blog entry. It made my day. Thanks for the update on your life and we look forward to hearing about all the employers lining up to hire you!!!!