This past week has been a gong show. We have been desperately trying to find a place to live. We wanted to move to Salmon Arm since our kids now go to school there. And we really just wanted to rent for a while because we are in the middle of transition and know that wherever we move it won't be for long. But, finding a place to rent is very hard when you can't sign a 1 year lease or if you have a dog.
So, out of desperation we began looking for places to buy instead. We wanted something that was easy financially for us since I am not working right now. We found a few old houses that we could renovate but both of those houses needed MASSIVE work and we didn't feel we should be doing that. Too much time and money involved in those houses. And all the other houses we found were sold before we could even go look at them.
God was clearly closing the doors to purchase which was fine with us because we didn't want to buy right now anyway. He also closed every rental door too! However, there was one door left open that we walked through. Our friends own a house just outside of Enderby that they are wanting to rent. We looked at it a couple of months
ago but there was a lot of work that needed to be done to it back then and the basement wasn't usable at that time so it would have left us really squished just living on the top floor. But now the basement is almost done which gives us more room. The upstairs is still in need of some updating but we can handle living in the 70's for a while! It is on 2 acres of land which is fantastic for our kids and dog.
As much as I wish we were buying a great house that we could call our own and live in for the next 10 years, I know that this is just a stepping stone for our future. I know that a year from now our life and home will be much different.
So, my packing continues but the stress of finding a place to live is gone! And that thought alone makes this week start off on a good note!
2 comments:
Charlene, I am so happy you found a place to move to even if it isn't you 1st choice. I believe God will work everything out and in the end you will be better for it. 2 acres will be awesome for the boys and Bailey. Wish I was there to help you move...seeing as you and Kenny helped us out a time or two...or three..lol....
having moved 10 times in our first 6 years of marriage I can relate to the stress of finding a place. I'm happy you found something and that it has great outdoor space for you all. I hope the packing goes well. i dread our next move since we have soooo much junk especially with 2 kids. Man they come with a lot of baggage! haha.
Post a Comment