Thursday, June 28, 2007

School's Out!

It's official... Summer has begun. Brayden had his last day of school today and it only took the boys a whopping 2 hours before the fighting began. Oh yes, another summer of pure bliss! So, I started off the summer laying down the law. As soon as I heard them fighting, they went in separate bedrooms to play alone. Now there is peace in the home. Ahhhhh.

Next year will look quite different than this one. We have made the tough decision to switch schools. We really love having our kids in public school. We love how it develops their character and challenges their faith. We love seeing our kids' hearts reach out to their friends and we think it gives them a well rounded life. However, we have been very disappointed with the public school in Enderby. There is only one school, so it's not like we have a lot of options. I won't go into the details behind our disappointment with the school but let's just say it was bad enough for us to make a decision like this.

So, next year our kids will be going to the Christian school in Salmon Arm. We know our boys will do very well there and are feeling good about the decision. But it does come with a few uncertain things for us. We don't want our kids to be isolated from the real world and so we will have to really work on that at home. We don't like the fact that the school is not in our community either but the boys are excited to take the bus. And of course, we have no clue how we will pay the $500 per month for their tuition. YIKES! I have not solidified a job for myself for the fall yet which will already leave us about $1000 short each month. Now with this we will be really screwed!

I am so thankful that we have a God who has proven his faithfulness to us more times than I can count. There have been so many financial miracles in our life over the years that it would leave your mouths hanging open in amazement. People don't believe us when we tell them how little money we make because the blessings God has given us make us look better than we are (God literally GAVE us a house)! We just know that God will take care of us again and are looking forward to see how that happens.

So, this post has gone on long enough. I guess I'll have to save our summer plans for the next post! Have a great long weekend!

1 comment:

Renice said...

I thought you were in the clear with the sibling rivalry? I guess they were just teasing you. My kids are always "at" each other and some days I wonder how I'll keep my senses.

And having the faith to step out financially is a tough one but it sounds like God has proven himself to you time and time again. He is so good to us and I'm sure things will all work out for you.