Yipee! Spring is finally here! I'm not sure where you are all from, but here in the Okanagan the snow usually melts in February and the street sweepers are out cleaning the streets by mid March.
Well, this year we still had snow falling in mid March! That was just an addition to the PILES of snow that fell all winter long. It was the longest winter we have experienced since living in the prairies over 12 years ago.
This may not be a big deal to some of you. In fact, I have a few friends who actually enjoy winter. However, I am not one of those people. Personally, I would rather wax my bikini line, give birth, or clean up puke than endure winter. I do not have tons of insulation on my body and I am CONSTANTLY freezing cold. Of course, we are too cheap to crank up the heat above 20 degrees so I usually wear 3 or 4 shirts just to stay warm.
Needless to say, I am so thankful that it is finally spring. Ethan, Brayden and I biked to and from school today. Yesterday I actually got a little pink on my cheeks from the sun during my playground excursion. And we finally planted the cedars in our yard that we have been waiting to plant. Ah yes, spring is here!
The only downside to spring so far was the tick that I found on my dog. Perhaps I will share that story on another post. You know me, I love to go into exaggerated detail with my stories. Let's just say it was not a good day in our home!
To those of you basking in the spring air... CHEERS! And to those who are still waiting for spring to hit... grab a last minute seat sale to Mexico and have a margarita for me!
2 comments:
do you know how we Albertans can tell when it is springtime?
By how many dead gophers are on the road!!
I know what you mean, winter has felt so long this year. Even we got a lot of snow, and even more rain. Finally the trees and flowers are beginning to show life and only this week has it been dry and sunny for more than one day in row. I can't even imagine anymore those LONG cold winters. Ours get cold but not like your winters. I'm glad things are finally breaking thru for you.
Post a Comment