1. When your child has a fever of 104 degrees, he can look at his daddy and get very terrified because "Daddy's eyebrows are very scary"!
2. As soon as one child gets over the 48 hour flu, the other child will get it even though he pretends not to be sick.
3. Even though the newspaper says that the movie Flused Away is playing at 12:45pm, you may get there to find that Arthur and the Invisibles is playing instead and just pray that it is not a terrible movie for your kids to watch (note to other parents: the bad guys are really scary...especially if your kid has a fever)!
4. When your child talks to much in class, doesn't get his work done, and has to bring it home, it becomes YOUR fault. Expect a lot of whining, crying and acting like the world is going to end.
5. When you begin sanding the drywall mud that your hubby has been applying to your basement, wear a mask! If you don't, the dust will turn back into wet, sticky mud in your nostrils!
6. When you decide to get rid of your fish and fish tank, trying to flush the algae sucker down the toilet is hard... he loves to suck onto anything that will keep him away from the plumbing.
7. When taking 19 preschoolers on a field trip to the library, do not sit right next to the kid with the rotten egg toots while trying to maintain a posture of calm and quiet.
8. When the temperatures begin to warm up after a terrible winter, don't get your hopes up that the snowfall is over!
9. When going skating with your child's class, bring a megaphone so that when you see him hucking pylons at the other children's heads, you can reprimand him so that he will actually hear you!
10. When the muffler falls off your old beater of a car, you instantly have a hot rod!
7 comments:
Wow, you really learned alot this week. I can't say that I was eduacated to that extent over the last 7 days.
I really hope we can connect soon. I called today but got your answering machine once again. Call me when you get a chance...hope you are all feeling so much better. Just remember THIS TO SHALL PASS....
Love you guys
Youch. You guys learned a lot more than I did this week. I think the most important thing I learned this week was, "Your skin really does freeze in less than 2 minutes if exposed to -20 celsius + wind chill from snow mobiling"
Hope this week is better for yous
Char, you are so funny. I love the one about daddy's eyebrows being really scarry. I can just picture it. I had a great time reading your blog, I love blogs that make me laugh out loud. Thanks!
I learned that even if you don't have dental coverage you really should make it a priority to go before a problem arises.
Char:
You sure did learn some good lessons this week.
I really like the one about not sitting beside the child with the egg toots. I had a similar situation this week but it is was with a person that shares a cubby with me that does billing near me in the same office. ALL DAY!!
I sure can say that you did learn more than I did this week.
Hope you learn more this next week and share it with us.
Ang
I'm suprised the eye brows got'em. I would have thought it would have been the nose (it still freaks me out every now and then). Rotten egg toots...that brings back memories eh Ken?! (must have been the daily dose of grieve and kielke from Nettie's kitchen!)
Kenny - are you gonna put up with comments about the nose???
Post a Comment